Unallocated cash simply refers to the collections received by the service provider on the date of contract termination, which has not been evidenced as a particular receivable and is pending investigation. It has been a persistent challenge for insurance companies over the years, as it not only hampers customer experience and relationships but also leads to many compliance and audit issues.
As per UNCTAD's World Investment Report, millions of dollars' worth of unallocated premium is trapped in the insurer books globally.
With rising focus on fund applications, credit positions and contractual obligations, insurers must deploy disruptive technology to devise agile solutions & transform the insurance/reinsurance cycle.
In this blog, we will discuss the top ways how Espire has been helping leading insurance brands manage unallocated cash with scalable digital solutions.
1 . Leveraging Data & Analytics tools to drive Positive Outcomes
By leveraging the power of data and advanced analytics, insurance providers can analyze historical customer data and trends, measure delinquency levels and inventory to optimize workflows and devise a scalable credit control and collections strategy. Key data insights can help business leaders take informed decisions to streamline roll-rate and flow-rate visibility while driving positive business outcomes.
2. Mapping Unallocated Cash by Debt Age
The kind of account or policy and the age of debt are two significant factors which form the bedrock of collection processes. By mapping unallocated cash by debt age, various complex processes like customer behavior, contact-to-settlement ratio, query and dispute ratio, can be efficiently identified and addressed.
3. Simplified Report Generation
Meticulously mapping inventory performance and month-on-month delinquency ratio is critical for insurance companies to stop financial leakage and efficiently manage cashflows. From time immemorable, reinsurance companies would depend on their employees for drawing up the paperwork, checking and validating invoices to mitigate the perils associated with unallocated cash.
By deploying automation and cloud-based solutions, Espire is helping leading insurance brands simplify the complex report generation process, reduce the dependence on manual efforts, streamline inventory management and reconciliation while reducing operational costs.
Let's understand how Espire can help mitigate the challenges of unallocated cash with an example.
This success story depicts how Espire helped a leading Insurance run-off claims business in London design and implement a centralised reinsurance & accounting system to streamline all claims and related financial movements.
Key Business Bottlenecks
- The customer was leveraging legacy technologies like AS400, Cobol etc, which required regular maintenance and enhancements
- They were dependent on excel sheets for complex calculations, which sometimes led to financial leakages due to incorrect cash/ledger entries
- Inefficient reporting system led to mismanagement of important business data
- Required a user-friendly cloud-based accounting and reporting solution to support reinsurance & accounting processes
Espire's Business Solutions
Our team at Espire, carefully analyzed the pain points faced by the customer and designed scalable technology solution to mitigate key challenges of unallocated cash and deployed an automated reinsurance & accounting system to carry out complex commutations for run-off businesses.
- The system supports end-to-end inward and outward data with all possible business use cases
- We developed the cash ledger module where existing unapplied cash items can be enquired upon from different angles like item type receipts/payments, ledger type, broker code etc. this makes ledger technician tasks easier to process and reconcile it.
- We also incorporated cash maintenance processes like de(reconciliation), write-off, restore and transfer to allow ledger technician to work upon and permanently git rid of organizational unapplied cash issue.
- Our solution has an inbuilt ledger control reporting functionality which validates the data regularly, if everything is properly reconciled (including unapplied cash) or not, allowing stakeholders to take actions accordingly
- With a well-controlled user access management system, all required policies, claims and ledger data would be readily available in the reporting module for easy access to the administrators
Top Business Benefits
- Espire's automated reinsurance & accounting system allows the administrators to get auto calculated liabilities out of the system for a creditor
- It provides easy access to critical business data and ensures faster generation of reports
- It mitigates the problem of unallocated cash with increased automation accounting processes, outward/inward closings and ledger enquiries and maintenance processes with enhanced control frameworks
- It stops financial leakage arising due to human errors and helps reduce operational costs
Espire is helping leading insurance companies automate claims handling and management, streamline reinsurance processes and drive greater growth. Read more in our case study>
Businesses in the insurance sector need to deploy agile technology solutions to reinvent complex operational processes and adopt an aggressive strategy for the efficient management of unallocated cash, to strengthen their credit position and build lasting customer relationships. To discover how we’re assisting businesses accelerate their growth & build resilience, visit> https://www. espire.com/industries/insurance or get in touch at email@example.com
MORE FROM OUR BLOGS
How insurers can improve customer experience and operational efficiency with dynamic customer
To keep up with rising expectations for customer experience, insurance companies are working to establish the infrastructure necessary for personalized interactions, increased engagement, and additional value-added services.
Top 5 technology trends transforming the insurance industry in 2023
The insurance sector is expected to continue seeing technological advancements that transform the industry in 2023 – here are some of the most important insurance technology trends that you need to keep an eye on in the coming years.
Leveraging composable architecture to drive unforgettable digital experiences
A composable architecture allows the application to adapt to the speed of business while enhancing responsiveness and scalability, paving the way towards driving greater business growth. In our latest blog, we share the benefits of leveraging a composable microservices-led architecture for business applications.
Top 10 strategic technology trends for 2023 by gartner Part2
In our first blog on Top 10 Strategic Technology Trends for 2023 by Gartner, we had discussed the top 5 technology trends that will enable businesses to offer customized experiences to the end users for better engagement, ROI, conversion, and sales. As a concluding part of this 2 series blog, we will enlist and discuss the next 5 disruptive tech trends to be witnessed in 2023 such as Wireless value realization, Superapps, Adaptive AI, Metaverse and Sustainable technology.
Top 10 strategic technology trends for 2023 by gartner Part1
The pace of change is accelerating, driven by emerging technologies such as artificial intelligence, the Internet of Things, big data and blockchain-all of which are changing how we work, live, and manage our businesses. In this blog, Part 1 of the top 10 strategic technology trends for 2023, we will be exploring the top 5 trends identified by Gartner, which can significantly contribute to your success story.
Agile tech solutions and agile mindset foundation of future ready and resilient businesses
The Agile technologies help employees become self-sufficient and motivated to work more collaboratively & deliver ROI-driven solutions while eliminating the constant need for supervision and micro-management to achieve goals.
Role of data analytics to drive customer acquisition and maximize return on campaigns
Creating a customer-centric digital marketing strategy that accurately targets and addresses your customers’ needs is essential for any business. However, this can be challenging when you lack the right tools and data to help you do it. In this article, we’ll be focusing on how you can use data analytics in your digital marketing efforts to acquire new customers and retain current ones.
Sitecore Symposium 2022 Check out latest updates and announcements
Sitecore made some huge announcements during the Sitecore Symposium 2022 event to continue their journey to build and help and their customer and brands to deliver standout CX through innovative solutions that drive results and build customer loyalty. Learn about all the announcements and updates now.
Improve business experience and operational efficiency in reinsurance with agile solutions
As a leading Digital Transformation and Total Experience Leader, Espire is helping businesses in the insurance and reinsurance sector drive impeccable customer experience, employee experience and business experience by designing agile technology solutions to fast-track growth and enhance total experience. Here is a Snapshot of our expertise in Reinsurance.
Sitecore managed cloud drive digital experiences at scale with cloud
Businesses have started investing in digital experience platforms and technologies aggressively to drive omni-channel digital experiences throughout the customer journey. Sitecore empowers businesses to host their different DXP products on cloud, Sitecore Managed Cloud helps them streamline system integration, enhance the speed of deployments while providing improved security and data privacy.
Global Customers Served
Years of Experience in Digital Transformation & Total Experience
Speak to Our Digital Transformation Specialists
Let's get you started on the digital-first & transformation journey. Reserve your free consultation or a demo today!