Unallocated cash simply refers to the collections received by the service provider on the date of contract termination, which has not been evidenced as a particular receivable and is pending investigation. It has been a persistent challenge for insurance companies over the years, as it not only hampers customer experience and relationships but also leads to many compliance and audit issues.
As per UNCTAD's World Investment Report, millions of dollars' worth of unallocated premium is trapped in the insurer books globally.
With rising focus on fund applications, credit positions and contractual obligations, insurers must deploy disruptive technology to devise agile solutions & transform the insurance/reinsurance cycle.
In this blog, we will discuss the top ways how Espire has been helping leading insurance brands manage unallocated cash with scalable digital solutions.
1 . Leveraging Data & Analytics tools to drive Positive Outcomes
By leveraging the power of data and advanced analytics, insurance providers can analyze historical customer data and trends, measure delinquency levels and inventory to optimize workflows and devise a scalable credit control and collections strategy. Key data insights can help business leaders take informed decisions to streamline roll-rate and flow-rate visibility while driving positive business outcomes.
2. Mapping Unallocated Cash by Debt Age
The kind of account or policy and the age of debt are two significant factors which form the bedrock of collection processes. By mapping unallocated cash by debt age, various complex processes like customer behavior, contact-to-settlement ratio, query and dispute ratio, can be efficiently identified and addressed.
3. Simplified Report Generation
Meticulously mapping inventory performance and month-on-month delinquency ratio is critical for insurance companies to stop financial leakage and efficiently manage cashflows. From time immemorable, reinsurance companies would depend on their employees for drawing up the paperwork, checking and validating invoices to mitigate the perils associated with unallocated cash.
By deploying automation and cloud-based solutions, Espire is helping leading insurance brands simplify the complex report generation process, reduce the dependence on manual efforts, streamline inventory management and reconciliation while reducing operational costs.
Let's understand how Espire can help mitigate the challenges of unallocated cash with an example.
This success story depicts how Espire helped a leading Insurance run-off claims business in London design and implement a centralised reinsurance & accounting system to streamline all claims and related financial movements.
Key Business Bottlenecks
- The customer was leveraging legacy technologies like AS400, Cobol etc, which required regular maintenance and enhancements
- They were dependent on excel sheets for complex calculations, which sometimes led to financial leakages due to incorrect cash/ledger entries
- Inefficient reporting system led to mismanagement of important business data
- Required a user-friendly cloud-based accounting and reporting solution to support reinsurance & accounting processes
Espire's Business Solutions
Our team at Espire, carefully analyzed the pain points faced by the customer and designed scalable technology solution to mitigate key challenges of unallocated cash and deployed an automated reinsurance & accounting system to carry out complex commutations for run-off businesses.
- The system supports end-to-end inward and outward data with all possible business use cases
- We developed the cash ledger module where existing unapplied cash items can be enquired upon from different angles like item type receipts/payments, ledger type, broker code etc. this makes ledger technician tasks easier to process and reconcile it.
- We also incorporated cash maintenance processes like de(reconciliation), write-off, restore and transfer to allow ledger technician to work upon and permanently git rid of organizational unapplied cash issue.
- Our solution has an inbuilt ledger control reporting functionality which validates the data regularly, if everything is properly reconciled (including unapplied cash) or not, allowing stakeholders to take actions accordingly
- With a well-controlled user access management system, all required policies, claims and ledger data would be readily available in the reporting module for easy access to the administrators
Top Business Benefits
- Espire's automated reinsurance & accounting system allows the administrators to get auto calculated liabilities out of the system for a creditor
- It provides easy access to critical business data and ensures faster generation of reports
- It mitigates the problem of unallocated cash with increased automation accounting processes, outward/inward closings and ledger enquiries and maintenance processes with enhanced control frameworks
- It stops financial leakage arising due to human errors and helps reduce operational costs
Espire is helping leading insurance companies automate claims handling and management, streamline reinsurance processes and drive greater growth. Read more in our case study>
Businesses in the insurance sector need to deploy agile technology solutions to reinvent complex operational processes and adopt an aggressive strategy for the efficient management of unallocated cash, to strengthen their credit position and build lasting customer relationships. To discover how we’re assisting businesses accelerate their growth & build resilience, visit> https://www. espire.com/industries/insurance or get in touch at email@example.com
MORE FROM OUR BLOGS
Composable dxp deliver contextual digital experiences to bolster business growth
Composable DXP has completely revolutionized the entire DXP landscape, allowing brands to decompose and create a technology stack which is well-suited to their dynamic business needs. The future of DXPs is completely customizable, cloud native with an API-first approach, which maximizes the speed of campaign executions.
Customer data platform drive personalization the right way with sitecore boxever cdp
Sitecore CDP is a state-of-the-art customer data platform which helps businesses to ramp up their personalization efforts with unique 360-degree customer view combined with intelligent decisioning, predictive analytics, experimentation, and orchestration capabilities, to deliver relevant digital experiences to customers through their preferred channel at the right time
3 top reasons why employee experience leads to exemplary customer experience
Employee Experience is directly proportional to Customer Experience. Leading brands are implementing a Total Experience Strategy to deliver superior, interconnected experiences for both-customers and employees to attain key business outcomes in 2021 and beyond
Espire infolabs and bennetts bag honorable mention award at sitecore experience awards 2021
The global leader in digital experience management, Sitecore has recognized Espire Infolabs in this year's Sitecore Experience Awards (SEA) Honorable Mentions, for helping a leading UK Motocycle Insurance specialist - Bennetts to provide personalized & contextual digital experiences with the Sitecore platform.
Insurance claims management system top 5 ways to maximize business growth
Insurance companies have been struggling with disparate systems and outdated claims processes for decades. Leveraging claims management software can help brands in the insurance industry automate manual processes and optimize workflows, while improving staff efficiency and reducing operational costs
Top 5 reasons how sitecore experience edge enhances content delivery and digital experiences
Sitecore Experience Edge is a revolutionary SaaS-based platform with headless content delivery capability, which will help brands drive engaging digital experiences and maximize revenue growth. Aimed at improving content delivery across touchpoints, Sitecore Experience Edge does not add any architectural complexity, maximizing both marketing and IT efficiencies
Mitigating the problem of unallocated cash in insurance industry with digital transformation
Businesses in the insurance sector need to deploy agile technology solutions to reinvent complex operational processes and adopt an aggressive strategy for the efficient management of unallocated cash, to strengthen their credit position and build lasting customer relationships
How sitecore dxp platform can help banking and financial sector to drive future ready digital
As more and more brands in the banking and financial sector are adopting a ‘phygital’ operating model, it has become imperative for them to get a 360-degree view of their customer behavior across touchpoints to drive contextual communications catering to their dynamic needs. In this blog, we discuss how the Sitecore DXP Platform is helping brands in the BFSI sector drive personalized digital experiences across touchpoints to bolster growth.
Speak to Our Digital Transformation Specialists
Let's get you started on the digital-first & transformation journey. Reserve your free consultation or a demo today!