Implemented Banner Enhancements to Improve Student and Staff Experiences for a Leading Australian University
About the Brand
A leading Private University of Australia with campuses in Adelaide, Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Blue Mountains and Auckland. It offers undergraduate, graduate, higher degree by research and specialized degree programs in a wide range of academic disciplines.
- With increasing student enrolments, efficiently managing the student management platform was a problem.
- Required support to efficiently manage the Banner platform as a service.
- Needed to enhance the self-service functionality to help students download their updated documents: Invoices, CAN Notice, Payment Receipts.
Solutioning proposed by Espire
Espire efficiently deployed multiple service enhancements on Banner and other applications.
- Designed a new functionality for downloading financial documents like invoice, receipts, CAN in the pdf format.
- Deployed enhancement (a new page) to view the meta data of invoices pertaining to the student.
- When a student activates the download option, the page builder invokes the oracle backend program which uses the oracle wallet (authentication) and generates a preassigned URL (using lamda function in AWS).
- Allows anytime access on any device
- Provides easy access to download historical financial documents
- Reduced cost of operations
- Improved staff efficiency with optimized processes
- Cost effective technology maintenance & enhancements
- Reduced manual intervention for providing invoice, receipts, CAN
Tools & Technologies
- Oracle (wallet)
- S3 Bucket
- Banner (Page Builder)