One of the biggest challenges faced by insurance companies in their digital journey is transformation of their rapidly aging and complex legacy systems and data silos. There is a strong need to reimagine these outdated systems ensuring seamless integration across multiple channels. For most brands, maintenance and support of legacy systems is one of the pressing concerns, with maintenance and support costs far exceeding the development cost in a matter of time. Breach of data security and compliance constitutes another challenge. Amounting to nearly a $ 4 million - IBM.
UIA Insurance, one of the UK's leading mutual insurers, achieved legacy modernization by modernizing their legacy systems and building reusable assets. But how does one modernize a pricing change process that takes 45 days to complete, to taking only 1 day today ?
- Integration Consulting : We conduct an in depth maturity assessment of your technologies, system study and application environment, evaluating the right platform and helping you build the ideal integration roadmap
- API Management : We help you unleash the power of your digital assets with our fully integrated API lifecycle management services to manage, optimize and secure your API led connectivity
- Platform Modernization : Porting, migration, re-architecting applications and data to a modern, cost-effective technology platform. For instance, UNIX to LINUX and *NIX to Window
- Database Modernization : Delivering comprehensive and cost-effective migration solutions, across a wide range of databases. We have deep experience in migrating hierarchical database of enterprises to modern and relational database. For instance, Oracle legacy to MySQL, Oracle to PgSQL and legacy to MS SQL
- Transitioning to cloud : Rapid provisioning and scalability along with self-service capabilities of the cloud environment is one the key reasons why Chief Information Officers (CIOs) are deciding to migrate enterprise applications to the cloud environment
"Application modernization is not one 'thing. If you're faced with a legacy challenge, the best approach depends on the problem you're trying to solve. Replacement isn't the only option."
- Reduced Costs associated with maintenance of legacy systems
- No or minimal Risks of a slow down or a crash
- Centralization and integration of new systems
- Compatibility with new technologies
- Results in siloed existence
- Faster time to market and less productive systems