Application modernization is not an option anymore. It is a necessity for any business to be able to respond quickly to changing market environment and deliver enhanced digital and customer experience.
Along with new age applications, a typical enterprise applications landscape consists of number of inefficient legacy applications that are nearing obsolescence. These inflexible legacy applications are in turn leading to:
- Lack of agility of enterprise application landscape
- High legacy application maintenance costs
- Inefficiency of business processes
- Integration challenges with new age applications
Although legacy applications are severely affecting business agility, a complete rip and replace of legacy system is impossible. Espire is addressing this multi-layered problem with its impactful application modernization strategies.
The core focus area of our application modernization strategy is to retain essential legacy applications and modernize & optimize (upgrade or migrate) them effectively to enable modern functionalities and ensure agility.
Re-platform | Retire | Re-host | Extend and consolidate
- Platform Modernization: Porting, migration, re-architecting applications and data to a modern, cost-effective technology platform. For instance, UNIX to LINUX and *NIX to Window
- Database Modernization: Delivering comprehensive and cost-effective migration solutions, across a wide range of databases. We have deep experience in migrating hierarchical database of enterprises to modern and relational database. For instance, Oracle legacy to MySQL, Oracle to PgSQL and legacy to MS SQL.
- Transitioning to cloud: Rapid provisioning and scalability along with self-service capabilities of the cloud environment is one the key reasons why Chief Information Officers (CIOs) are deciding to migrate enterprise applications to the cloud environment.
But to do this, your applications need to be cloud-ready. Our expertise enables businesses to transition their applications, seamlessly, to the cloud environment.
Tools and Technologies
- Customized application development strategy, aligned to digital experience transformation goals
- Enhanced customer experience with rich, interactive user experience powered by Espire’s cutting-edge Experience Design services
- Espire’s pool of specialized techno-functional application development consultants functioning as a seamless extension of your IT staff that can be ramped-up and scaled down as required.
- Ensured shorter project delivery time by leveraging Espire’s vast repository of ready-to-deploy and easily integrable application development frameworks and powered by Agile project management and DevOps practices
- Optimized cost with a global delivery, time-tested processes, quality systems and methodologies to nullify cost and schedule overruns
- Internal IT staff, resources, time and investment freed up to be channelized for strategizing and driving impactful projects
- Service delivery excellence, with Espire being one of the few global companies which is ISO 20000-1:2011, ISO 22301:2012, ISO 27001:2013 and ISO 9001:2015 certified and CMMI Level 5 Ver 1.3 Appraised (DEV+SVC).
Product Development and Application Modernization of Pension Administration Suite on Oracle ADF 11g